Please read the following carefully to understand how I will treat and regard your personal data. If you have any questions about this policy or my privacy practice please send them by email to email@example.com. You may also contact me through the contact page of my website or discuss your questions/concerns at a pre-arranged meeting with me.
COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
Information about you comes from various sources. This includes:
- Details of your visits to my website including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data and other communication data.
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on my website which includes requesting further services.
- Contact and/or personal details which you provide to me either face-to-face or through digital means.
- Correspondence by letter or email.
- A brief written record detailing topics discussed following any meeting or significant contact between us. Please ask if you wish to see a copy of any record written by me.
- Date of birth of any child or young person under the age of 18 and a parent or guardian’s signature verifying this and agreeing for the child to receive a service from me.
- Receipts for services used.
- Personal data collected from you through my contact form will either be sent securely to my email address or will be stored on the server which is inside the European Economic Area (“EEA”).
- Contact details and records are kept securely either locked away or on a password protected device and stored on a server which is inside the EEA.
- To provide you with information or services that you request from me or which I feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out my obligation arising from any contract with you which we enter into.
- To notify you about changes to my service.
- I will not disclose any personal information which I have about you unless:
- I have good reason to believe that any individual, including yourself, may be seriously harmed should I fail to disclose the necessary information.
- I am under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation.
- I need to protect myself or others from fraudulent activity.
- Please be aware that I will aim to protect your privacy at all times and should disclosure become necessary then I will limit any information shared to the bare minimum.
- In order to protect your confidentiality:
- My use of text messaging and email communications will, in the main, be limited to practical issues unless we agree otherwise and I have written evidence of this agreement. This is because of the potential risk to you from your sensitive information being available, in theory, to system administrators and others. You may request that there is no communication at all using these less secure methods.
- I need to make you aware that should you pay for any services which I offer through a method other than cash you may be identified by financial services personnel whose privacy policies you may wish to consult.
- I advise that you check the privacy policies of any websites of partner networks and affiliates whose details and/or links you may find on my website before you submit any personal data to these websites. I do not accept responsibility or liability for these policies.
- I will not share your information with any third party service provider unless I receive permission from you to do so.
- As part of my contractual obligation to insurance companies I am required to share certain information with them if they have contracted me to provide a service to you. The information shared will be known to you if this is the case.
- It is part of psychotherapeutic practice and necessary for registration purposes to discuss work on a regular basis with a supervisor/s. This information is anonymised so that you or anyone else discussed in this way will not be identifiable.
- Personal information relating to services received is kept for a period of seven years following the ending of the service. Contact details where no contract is agreed are destroyed immediately. All records are destroyed securely.
- Personal information relating to children and young people where they are the main focus for the intervention will be kept for six years following their eighteenth birthday and then destroyed securely.
- You have certain rights concerning the information I hold about you, as defined under the General Data Protection Regulation. If you wish to exercise these rights please let me know. These rights include:
- Requesting a copy of your information.
- Updating or correcting your information
- Deleting your information
- I will promptly inform you should I become aware of any unauthorised access to your personal data unless your contact details have changed and I no longer have access to them.
- If you wish to make a complaint about the way in which I have handled your personal information please contact me directly and I will investigate the matter. If you are not satisfied with my response or you believe that I am not processing your personal information in accordance with the law then you can complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) and/or to my registering body - the United Kingdom Council of Psychotherapy and Counselling (UKCP).